Before I start, I'd like to let everyone know that starting now I will publish the scripts that I use in making these videos, in case anyone has trouble understanding me. After growing up in Texas, I found that no one outside that state could comprehend a word I said. I visited a specialist to have my accent surgically removed. The operation went horribly wrong, as you can tell. I'll always put links to my scripts in the love bar. I have scripts for all my videos but I don't feel like posting them all. If you'd like the script for any given video, send me a PM and I'll post it.
Now, to the debate. Shabir, in his opening statements, had responded to Dr. Craig's point that the Qur'an drills it into our heads that god does not love sinners. His response was of a type that I hear from a lot of Muhammadanismists: "Our god is no worse than yours!" To get this point across, Shabir points out Psalm 5:5, which he quotes as saying that god hates evildoers. Dr. Craig responds:
This is probably the most egregious error in Dr. Craig's entire presentation--no, let's admit it: the man has multiple degrees in theology and therefore knows better; this is what we in the atheist community call a lie. Funny that I've been told so often that atheists have no morals. Hold in your mind the statement that Craig is considering "doctrine": the doctrine that "god hates evildoers". Now consider these doctrinal points from the New Testament book known as Hebrews:
- From 1:1-14, Jesus is far superior to angels (this is more relevant than modern Jesusianismists may realize; my understanding, although I haven't done any serious research on the matter, is that the author was trying to put a stop to some angel worship that was going on at the time; therefore, it's important doctrine, intended to inhibit idolatry)
- From 2:8, Everything is subject to Jesus
- From 2:11, Jesus calls his followers "brothers"
- From 3:7-19, Unbelievers will never enter god's rest
- From 4:9, There remains a Sabbath rest for the people of god
- From 5:10, Jesus is designated by god to be the high priest for the saved
- From 7:22, Because of god's oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant
- From 10:9-10, God has set aside the old covenant and replaced it with the new one
You think it's morally reprehensible. Wow, so we get to interpret the bible based on our own morality? Human morality is qualified to pass judgment on religious claims? That's great; I have quite a few moral objections to the bible myself, too many to mention here. Check out all my bible series on my YouTube channel if you're interested. An easy summary of all my videos would go like this: Yahweh itself, I think, is morally reprehensible. Do I win the debate?
That's Part I(e). Thanks for watching.